keiva, you have made a point (a virtual palisade) that "hurtful" or "nasty" comments should not be permitted to stand unchallanged. of course, you seem to also have decided that you are the arbitrator of what is, and isn't hurtful and nasty.

personally, i find a rather lot of your posts nasty. i keep looking, but i don't find your apologies.. why?
Here is an example of you stating your standards: cut in its entirety, only blank lines have been removed.(empty space)

Re: interesting -- restart at 99
Posted by Keiva (Pooh-Bah)
Posted on Thu Apr 11 17:51:56 2002
rkay, much as I would like to agree with you:
This latest round began with the following comments (not directed at me), from a senior person to a much-junior one:
--This is ... totally inappropriate for this board.
--knock it off. ... I'll be happy to help you find an appropriate internet chat room.
and I understand there were PM's of the same tenor.

When hurtful comments are made about my behavior or that of others, they and I are entitled to respond (temperately,
of course). To avoid such response, one need only refrain from the comment that prompts it -- or say a simple "I'm sorry."
more of your words
Spammer?
Posted by Keiva (veteran)
Posted on Fri Feb 15 19:56:41 2002
I suggest someone is spamming us.
In the past few days there are posts under five new names which are anagrams of each other, and a sixth near-anagram:
--RumShotGiles
--MrSoHugeList
--GimletsHours
--Egotism_Hurls
--MisterGhouls
--GizmoHustler
The first three names were registered in a 6-minute span on Feb. 5: the other three in a 7-minutes span yesterday.
Many of them post with the phrase “Humorless Git” – still another anagram.

I suggest the spammer is an experienced board member, not a newbie. His/her posts show familiarity with colors
and fonts, and consistently take part in pending disputes on the board.

Could the spammer be identified?
--I note that most of those posts take subtle potshots at dr. bill of at me.
--I note the style of those potshots, which to me seems much like that of a particular board member.
--I note that two of them end with the bracketed initials [E.A.]
--I note that all 11 posts in these names were made at times near when ASp was posting.
--I note that one uses praps to mean “probably”, which use has been made once before in the board’s history –
and that use was by ASp.
and
interesting
Posted by Keiva (Pooh-Bah)
Posted on Mon Apr 8 20:22:15 2002
Just now received, and copied verbatim. You crude, bullying children should be ashamed of yourselves.
(the rest of this post was not Keiva text)
NB text below is not from the original post, and might have been edited (but Keiva did not comment it was, or that words were taken out to change the tenor of the post,at the time, but to be fair-- i do not know if it has been edited
Keiva: Interesting point about [EA] and [E.A.], tsuwm, which would fit well in spammer thread, whether those terms were noted.

A LIU reveals that the only names under which either of those phrases have ever been posted are gymkana, caradea and bridget96.
(see NB above)
keiva: to tsuwm and faldage: do you now agree that we have a poltergiest, and are merely questioning who it may be?

And please note that as a careful lawyer I listed facts but took pains not to "accuse" -- yet. It would of course be premature to conclude until all had opportunity to review, critique and/or supplement the evidence presented. It would be good to see all facts that can best identify the culprit(s).

Have you any other facts to point to?
My comments will continue in Blue
Where sir is your apology to Asp?-- since you accuse her of spamming and taking potshots (Your very word) at you and dr bill
and when both Faldage and tsuwm made comment, you replied, you
pains not to "accuse" --so suble potshot are nasty, but your accusitory tone, (even if you didn't quite accuse either AnnaStrophic or Caradea) isn't? I guess I or AnnaStrophic or Caradea wouldn't have a case to sue, but this isn't a court of law. this is about what is happening here. Here, it sounded very mucy like an accusation. i have no doubt with you fine legal training, you can prove why it isn't. but can you prove that its not nasty or hurtful?

well maybe by your standards, and maybe your wife standards, (you remember how ewein, chimed in and said i love keiva and he's been wonderful, and everyone is picking on him when he did no wrong, all the while lying through her teeth about not knowing you, and having formed this opinion on the basis of reading all you wonderful posts)
but many here do hold the opinion your posts were nasty and hurtful , as nasty and as hurtful as anything you were objecting to. and we have never see you apologies for them.

and when did you ever apologies for the phrase "you crude, bullying children...?"

or do think that comment of yours is not nasty, or hurtful, too? You might hold a grudge against Sparteye, but you didn't address the comments to Sparteye. i personaly find your words nasty, offensive and uncalled for.

i also think it is dishonest of you, as keiva and as AphonicRants (an anagram of AnnaStrophics on-line name, something that is, if not nasty, certainly not nice behavior. It is prohibited on most moderated boards as being nasty) to continue to address people who post here by their given names, addressing post to them as if you were a personal friend. You are not my friend, nor are you friend to many here, but reading your posts, any one can see you frequently used personal names, not on-lines names, and by doing so, you might lead others to think differently. I think that is very nasty to intentionaly behave in a way that misleads. Is it out and out lying? no, but it is nasty.