I decided a few weeks ago, for various reasons which I conveyed to Jackie privately, that I would not be having much to do with this site again. I simply looked in this afternoon in the hope of finding something that might perhaps change my mind.

Instead I found Jackie's bombshell, which I read along with a few other related threads, and I am appalled and very distressed at what has been going on here, especially in so far as it relates to Jackie herself.

I don't much care whether any of the "threats" I have read about were real or implied. It doesn't matter a lot to me precisely how or why or in what manner of words Jackie has been hurt by various postings and PMs. Clearly she has been hurt and distressed by these things, and when you hurt Jackie you hurt a whole lot of people on this board.

It is a great shame that what used to be a warm, friendly forum has been torn apart by this controversy. Sorry to rabbit on like this, but I felt I had to go public with my withdrawal from this place of pain and upset.

This is probably my longest posting ever (except for a certain 14 line offering back in the dear dead days beyond recall, eh, Jacqui?). And now, like quite a few others, I'm outa here, at least for the foreseeable future. To those who remain, good luck, and I hope things get better for you soon.

lusy