Jackie et al.

In the past I have avoided to the greatest extent the politics on this board. I did once express the shame I felt when someone was castigated for suggesting that people in her area might want to sign up for her class. Other than that I've pretty much kept my mouth shut. Why?

On another board some years ago there was a person who espoused the killing of mental defectives and the involuntary starving of quadriplegics. I made the mistake of saying to him, "Hitler woulda loved it." And I got bounced from the board because I "called this guy a Nazi." I don't miss that board (it wasn't word related, more social), but it made me aware of how what seemed like innocent words can get you in trouble. I promised myself I'd avoid such things.

But I will miss this board if it falls apart as it appears to be doing. I want AWADtalk to continue.

I want it so much that I hereby pledge $1,000 US towards the legal defense of Jackie or Anu if they decide to ban Keiva and are then subject to lawsuit.

A thousand bucks buys enough legal service to stop a frivolous lawsuit dead in its tracks, in my opinion. And, though I have not consulted the lawyer I sleep with (and will probably not do so) I am certain that a lawsuit to force the unbanning of a person from a group like this would be frivolous in nature and might well subject the plaintiff or his attorney to the close scrutiny of the local bar association.

TEd, much saddened and much wiser

TEd