What a horribly sad thing to go to bed sensing strife was at hand, and worse to awaken to so much ill will and confusion.

What did Keiva write or say to Anu? What kind of legal words were used? Was there any kind of threat at all? Those are the questions that will circle my brain all day long. I posted on a music board for about two years and posts were deleted and administrators could stop posters from posting, and that was that. I stayed out of the fray because I detested flaming so much. But to hear that a threat of legal action of any kind has been used goes beyond my comprehension.

Long ago, someone wrote, "Why can't we just all get along?" and suggested that we stop attacks, defenses altogether. What wisdom that was, and it wasn't heeded. Bill all along had been writing, "Words. Lets talk about words." And he meant so in the purest sense.

Well, we've had words. And we've had them, too.

Jackie, if you have been threatened in any way, your sorrow is my sorrow and I bear it with you. I will write to you privately through email if this place is to be no more a place where we can meet happily.

But I will pray that we will all come through this and meet again here some day without fear of any kind of threat. I have enjoyed to the greatest degree the writing, the various turns of mind and phrase, and getting to know the personalities behind the merry pens that have written here.

With great sadness and regret that this day has come,
Theresa

P.S. And I, too, will not post on board again until the day comes that hev, Jackie, consuelo, tsuwm and the rest may post in the spirit of this place that has been blasted away. Angel: Things had not quieted down. PMs were flying last night. We were being informed that Keiva had been reinstated to the board by Anu, and all were wondering why Jackie's administrative decision had been overruled. Public bulletin boards may permanently keep members from posting who participate in postings that cause strife. Administrators have the right to delete posts and posters. We have wondered last night why this action, free to other boards, was not the case here. Jackie exercised that right, but Keiva reappeared. Naturally, people here wondered what had occurred. Jackie informed us, plain and simple. She did not go into details. But it appears some kind of legal threat was made, no matter how small. Some kind of threat. And it is that word threat itself that holds a great deal of power. We do not come here to write with fear of any kind of legal threat, no matter how small. I am extremely confused that you thought things were calming down. In no way were they if my PM box is any example of what people were writing about last night. Your own perception in this case is completely inaccurate, and I write this with no anger. I just want to fill you in on what you may not have known.