and now you better understand why we also tend to start a new thread when a topic goes to 100, (and page 2!) and with old threads, you sometimes can't get to page 2.. but if you have preference set to 99, voila! most (or all) of the thread is available!

we old timers keep saying this.. and we keep saying try to "post" your comments to the comment your are responding to..

In this case, i am responding to belM, but if i responded to WW, it would look the same (in flat mode) but for those of us who get notified is some one has responded to one of our 'posts' (as many do) it makes a big difference!

the easiest thing in the world is to read flat, and the just respond "flat" (that is just hit the respond button on the very last post we see) but its really better to read 'flat', and then scroll back to the comment that you want to respond to, an hit the respond button there.. then it's easy to copy a bit of the text (and usefull if the thread has two or three topics being woven in and out.. ) an include it in your response!

there are some here who read threaded (not me!) and others, who pay a premium for on line time (not me, again) and this really makes it easier for them to keep up.. is like the basic 'rules of the road' (in US), slow traffic to right, fast traffic to left.-- here it's read flat, responde threaded..