A group of us in the office play this every spring and summer. The rest of the guys (including one woman) have already been out a few times this year. (I've been a little too busy for it these days, as we go during lunch and I often work through lunch.)

We have our own course defined in a park a few miles from work. The groundskeeper there knows us and welcomes us. On weekends we sometimes get our families together to play at an 'official' course in a park very close to where I live. I was introduced to this by one of our number who played it in college, among a number of other sports (he was being courted by the Allblacks).

It's a pretty fun game, which I find odd because I've never thought of golf as remotely interesting. Three of the six of us play regular golf. Regular golf is a big thing at work - there's a league in the company and our division while the smallest has two teams. (I'm not sure, but I *think* there are four players on a team.)

Frisbee golf is more fun if you keep things moving. It took me some time to get used to it, though, as it's a little harder than it looks. I can throw straight or I can throw far, but I can't throw straight and far. Also, I don't throw far at all compared to some of the other guys. They're all a bit taller than me and those long arms are really a boon to them. Also, throwing through stands of trees can be pretty annoying. We have a two "holes" that are actually trees next to steep embankments. If you overshoot the tree by even a small amount, you have to stumble down 30 to 50 feet of ditch. If you're really unlucky, it might even roll down into the creek which adds a point to your score.

Only 3 of us have ever won the game. Usually, the ex-rugby fellow wins. He's quite good - particulary at the long distance throws and cutting through branches. There's been some call for us to use handicaps which I don't like. They're welcome to do it, but I will always consider my score to be whatever it really is. The argument is that this would give all of us a chance to win, but I don't play to win - only for the enjoyment of the game.

k