of troy curiously writes of indoor golf:

and the object of the game is getting the club in the hole not the balls...

A more casual reader might read the above and not blink an eye. I, however, am sometimes a close reader and I've read closely what of troy has written: the object is to get the club in the hole. not the balls.

Well, this sounds like the strangest sport in the world. There you have it: a bunch of holes and some person poking his or her club into the hole. Is this a game practiced by traffic cops to test sobriety? They haul you into headquarters, which is an indoor golf set-up. And they say to you, "See whether you can take this golfclub and poke it into one of the golf holes." You look at the cop and decide whether or not to argue. You decide to ask for clarification, "You have asked me to put this club into one of the holes, right?" The cop answers, "Right." You, even if of somewhat staggering standard, reply, "And you don't want me to hit a ball into any of the holes, right?" And the cop answers, "Right." So, you poke your old club into the hole. The cop quickly responds,"Gotcha! You're definitely drunk! Who would ever think of putting the club into the hole unless he (she) were a drunk!"

I deduce that indoor golf is a ploy created by the local police department for identifying drunks.

Ball regards,
WW