I don't really follow all the arguments about deconstruction, but lately-- it seems there is a lot of going on here.. people go about "supposing" that this or that wasn't really the purpose of a question..

creating wonder-- and confusion.. (Huh? i thought this was about the word nice, what he on about?)

deconstructing others post can be done, of course, but i think doing so, in a vague, misleading way, sows seeds of discontent. it comes across as an attempt to undermine the original poster (and put them in a defensive position) and the deconstructor implies victimhood (see, they are always making nasty digs at me.. i have do what i do, they are always attacking me. )

from the little i have read about deconstructionism in university, it seem to have the same fall out. (i have an article somewere put aside to read about columbia U. -- where they haven't had a head of the english department in 20 years because of deconstructionist fighting with those opposed to the idea.. (i think it was in the atlantic.)

an other mis-leading trend (though it might be coming to an end) is certain posters, who address posts to other users, casually, and intimately using the posters real names, and by doing so, imply there exist a friendship.

Obviously, i can't stop any one from looking up my profile and seeing my name, (i could delete it, yes) nor can i stop them from addressing me. In a social setting, it would be very evident, that i don't speak to, or assocciate with some who address posts to my by name.. here, it is a bit harder to establish, who's post i ignore, which posts (more evident in threaded mode) i never respond to.. but i tend to read flat, even if i try to post threaded.. but this behavior could be very misleading, and reader might want to watch-- does A often call B by name? Does B ever respond?
It makes reading here more, shall we say 'intereting'?
but it also force one into a deconstuction mode.. which might be a bad thing.

(we have a lot of new users on the board.. if this discussion on flat/threaded has you lost, find a post of Max Q's and click on his signature, it will lead you to a web site devoted to tips and tricks about AWAD, and provide links to the several discussions we have had about Flat vs. threaded!)