that is a great article AnnaS, I have watched my sister mental change gears when she talks japanese... and its been pointed out, Mayor LaGuadia not only spoke Italian, English and Yidish, he use different hand getures in the different languages... i suspect we do the same sort of thing even in different dialects of english.

i suspect the article i mentioned won't be available on line, it was from a column, not a full article.. back in those day, most of us worked in some from of basic, so a good outline for a program meant everyone could just code it in them selves.. (back then, every computer had a slightly different Basic..logo? was an other available language, and Lisp but only in big machines. Assembly was available for geeks.. (don't ask) ) I had my first computer in 1982, but didn't go on line til my son was in college. He had his first web page out in 1994 or so, and i was looking at it then. it was about then that things started moving so fast that i couldn't keep up with them..