'Slids, tsuwm, what is that thing? (Cheval link from your page) It looks as if Gaudí tried to build a wat out of sea-shells.

It's the Postman's Dream Palace - le palais ideal - It is the way-coolest site I've ever seen! It's in a small French village inaccessible by public transit (so I had to wait till my brother rented a car). The postman collected stones every day for something like 17 years (that might well be wrongly wrong), and then built this amazing structure, using a number of architectural styles. I was so blown away!

There's a nifty house on the street next to mine in Toronto - apparently, the owner was in an accident and had to have screws put in his body. As a homage to the screw, he has screwed all these pieces of wood (mostly sliced-up pool cues, but also sliced branches) and plastic bugs ALL over the house. He has Most Eccentric Garden certificates signed by the mayor. It's my favourite local site. He's even started on his car. [end of non-word post that probably should have gone in Miscellany - oops]