Yeahbut®, the Mongols and Chinese were arch enemies for centuries (see the Great wall of China) and rarely mixed it up amicably, so there goes your Confucious theory. Not to mention the Slavic peoples (who always seemed to get overlooked) who are hardly descended from Charlemagne or Muhammed. There is a touch of Asian there (mostly in the Russian Slavs) from the ancient Mongol hordes (mostly courtesy of Attila), which also brings us to the Hungarian Magyars who were their own unique blend of Slav and Mongol (and some say Arab-Persian) for several centuries.

And as far as the Top 100 omissions, I have to put Carl Jung there in lieu of many. This man empirically connected the emotional and physical with the spiritual; connected the collective psyche and the great myths of humanity with the individual consciousness; took Freud's work as the distant seed for his own work in exploring human consciousness, opening doors to perception never before realized. I believe it will take centuries before the magnitude and consequence of this man's work is fully realized and appreciated. Look to his work with mandalas; dreams; he introduced Anima/Animus and Introvert/Extrovert, the Archetype, the Collective Unconscious; and his Theory of Synchronicity is credited with empirically proving the existence of miracles, for god's sake! Does Carl Jung not belong on this list in lieu of at least a dozen others that are there! My humble apologies to Dr. Jung for this gross oversight! If you haven't read Jung, do it!

Be in the world, but not of it.

The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.

"...sooner or later nuclear physics and the psychology of the unconscious will draw closer together as both of them, independently of one another and from opposite directions, push forward into transcendental territory..."

--all quotes C.J.Jung

Many believe the third quote was where he was heading as the culmination of all his work, and had he lived just ten more years (he lived to a vigorous 90) he would have made that ultimate connection!