Another poll?

Kleenex, yes; Jell-o, yes; pop/soda, no--soft drink, yes.

And, slightly off-topic, I catch myself all the time referring to the stereo as the record player and CDs as records. Old habits die hard.

Billboards annoy me, every last one of 'em. They make me feel contrary to using the products displayed.

Best forms of advertising: Humor, but not too idiotic, and packaging (I must admit) will pull in the customer. However, I get a bit annoyed when it's obvious a great deal of money has been poured into pretty useless, extravagant packaging.

Best way to get a loyal customer: Have a great product that you can count on for consistently predictable quality in whatever price range the customer in question can afford.

An aside: I was shopping in the children's section of a department store last week to find some bows for a costume to be used in an upcoming school play. There on the check-out counter in the children's department was a display of Godiva chocolates. I thought, "Good grief. Here they are trying to implant the image of expensive chocolates in the brains of small children. Whatever happened to M&M's--and how did Godiva pull off this ploy?"