Re: I also call them kleenex, but only buy Puffs. I call it Jello--but buy other brands. Interesting

interesting.. see, one of the things about me and words that okay isn't it? if i were taking about a person it would be ewein and i, not me and ewein, but about things, i can say me and words, right?
is, i almost never use generic words for things-- consciously so.

i also tended not to use baby words with my kids (no boo-boos, and ba-bas, but cuts & abraisions, and cups or bottles)

i do, for effect, frequently use ain't, knowing full well its is non standard english. and i do sometimes say gunna (not going to) an i dunno, (instead of I don't know) but i do try not to let such things become a habit. we sometimes had chocolate chip cookies, but rarely toll house (nestles brand!) cookies.. we had cakes from a mix, not a betty crocker cake.. and we used shortning, (store brand, not crisco)

it was part of my thought process about words.. even before i had kids. So, corporate sponsership, and learning to equate orange juice with Minute Maid, and then the MM vending machine sells soda too, and lets get a coke.. to me its a slippery slope (thin end of the wedge, i think for our UK friends)

stay here a while, and i think you'll find about 50% of us have these personally type standards, and that we made an effort to have them. we have consciously fought the influences of our society, (while still remaining active memebers.) i happen to have tissues on my desk, and, by the way they are klennex! but i don't have any kleenex!