my dear Mr Bingley, made available to me me, a small paragraph from Northanger Abbey, (chapter 20) and what a jem it was!

here for your enjoyment--
A sudden scud of rain, driving full in her face, made it impossible for her to observe anything further, and fixed all her thoughts on the welfare of her new straw bonnet; and she was actually under the abbey walls, was springing, with Henry's assistance, from the arriage, was beneath the shelter of the old porch, and had even passed on to the hall, where her friend and the general were waiting to welcome her, without feeling one awful foreboding of future misery to herself, or one moment's suspicion of any past scenes of horror being acted within the solemn edifice. The breeze had not seemed to waft the sighs of the murderer to her; it had wafted nothing worse than a thick mizzling rain; and having given a good shake to her habit, she was ready to be shown into the common drawing-room, and capable of considering where she was.

what wonderfull words are crammed into this small paragraph!

some like habit-- we have fallen out of habit, and almost never use it to describe clothes except when talking about a nun's habit.

and scud.. i know, its a yart, but a old one.. and it was really only touch upon when we did scuttle.

and mizzling.. crossing threads, some one started a post about rain words, but i like the rain, especially since its raining today, and we've had a long dry spell, and can use all the rain that comes this way.. but today is hardly rainy.. its is a soft day.. the air is all soggy and soft.. and what moisture the is is mizzling.. misty, drizzle, miserly rain!

do you have favorite paragraphs,one that jump out and grab you, or the at shine and sparkle like polished jems, that your return to, to take pleasure in them? are they filled with wonderful, simple words.. that provide a feast for you?

will you share them?