In irish folklore, you can always recognize the devil, because he cast no shadow.

but rather than being an out right tempter, the devil uses flattery.

Oh how sweet your words are.. What a clever idea you had, i am going to copy it... Punny, did you realize you were so punny?

the devil baits his trap with sweetness, goodness, the devil wouldn't approach at a bar, but would be dressed modestly, in a nurses uniform, and would trip, and fall, and land in a puddle, on the sidewalk out side the bar, just as you were leaving..

the puddle, a nasty collection of waste water from all the pails that has washed all the floors of all the bar along the street, could barely be called water.. her uniform would be stained, and littered, and wet. you'd help the devil up, and want to assist in whiping some choice bit of nastyness off, and in doing so, you notice how sheer the white uniform had become. The fright, had caused a rush of adrenaline, and now, realizing she is not really hurt, the hormome secondary effect is hardened nipples-- how evident they are...

Thank you, your so kind.. i, i. tremble... i am always a bit frightened when i have to be out this late and alone, and now look what i have done..

would you mind, could you just walk with me to the subway? i came down this street looking for a cab.. Can you help?

the devil would be strong and confident.. but still set things up to flatter you.. the devil would lure you by first seeming to encourage acts of kindness.

in the cab, the stricken nurse (an angel, in white, a helper, a caretaker of the weak and sick, --not some flousy, not a tart..but someone you would want to help..
dressed modestly.. except now, the wet white cotton cloth is almost sheer, and the wet cloth clings.. ) would give an adress, and with a deep sigh, sit back, and almost immediately, fall asleep, and sag against your shoulder, and arm suddenly landing in you lap..

The devil is stil out there. not in some tawdry dress, but hidden in the sweetest, nicest guise.

but one thing is true, the devil is a phiopolemica!