I definitely vote against two separate pools. Besides, it's interesting to see how the old ones treat the newly arrived ones--and to see the generosity of spirit suppled when the old ones provide a link to previously discussed topics.

It might be good to have a place where the newly arrived could discuss questions that probably only relate to them (and oldies who haven't learned everything), such as now to navigate the search function, problems encountered when trying to paste a url, and other concerns. The oldies could peek in if that's what they wanted to do to offer a guiding hand...or could peek in to hear the voices there of new posters. But everybody would post on the regular forums. (It ain't forae, fori or somethin' like that, is it?)

But we sure as heck need some kind of consensus, I believe, that PMs are to be honored as Private Messages and cannot be posted publically on the board without explicit consent of the sender. Otherwise, the "private" in PM is meaningless and counts for nothing...and, if a potentially pulic message, perhaps we ought to rename it the PPM: Potentially Public Message. This is just a suggestion and I hope not to be taken as a criticism--just a direction that I think would be beneficial to everybody here.

Best regards,
WW