tsuwm says where are the new guys* to tell us what they think? .

I was going to keep out of this, it is too easy to offend, but if I don’t say my piece and things change I can only blame myself, that’s democracy! So….....
I spent some time looking at threads before choosing to join in, and yes that included some of the unpleasantness that I decided was nothing to do with me and consequently not for me to get involved with. Putting that particular interaction on one side, reading the threads gave me an insight into the way the community worked and related and I liked it. I believe that both old and new are sufficiently tolerant and well intentioned to get along OK. The more experienced hands realise that we more recent arrivals are not going to have time to become familiar with or search for possible previous old threads, (Helen of Troy guided me so gently, so nicely, when I first posted), and if they don't feel a particular theme is worth revisiting they generally leave it to the newer guys to get into if they wish - if no one wishes then it dies. A kind of natural selection.

Rhubarb Commando says Would the provision of two separate "areas" cause just the sort of division ....... I believe that is just what could happen; the danger is that eventually you could develop two mature forae, one attended by todays longstanding contributors and the other for the rest. Life’s infinite variety comes from mixing and mingling, that is healthy and I love it. I agree with ladymoon, I would not vote for a separate learner’s pool.

dxb.