ewein, I am sure nobody would want to separate newbies from oldies (ugh, now that I'm forty, oldie is not a word I like can we use more experienced )

I love getting new input from new people. New voices bring in diversity that I'd really miss if we separated. Plus that is not really what we are about. Our new members are as valuable as the more experienced ones.

Correct me if I'm wrong but what I think is happening is that we will talk to the new people just like we'd talk to old friends "you're in the wrong category for that subject" "take it to miscellany".

If tsuwm, ASp, Mav or anybody else wrote me that, I wouldn't feel upset at all. I'd probably do a "raspberry" emoticon to tease em, add "oops, ya I know" and move the thread to the right category. But I can see how it could be misconstrued.

Maybe we should just keep in mind that new folks don't know us so well and speak with them accordingly. I'm certainly willing to keep that in mind.

But to separate folks...that would be sad. The love of words should bring us together.