I guess you have to understand the manner in which Proust wrote to understand how to use Proustian -- I don't. (to me it means "sleep-inducing" : )

here is how some others have used it:

Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Proust, his writings, or his style.
1926 A. Huxley Jesting Pilate i. 139 The decaying relics of feudalism.. form the stormy background to the Proustian comedy. 1929 [see imitation 5]. 1931 Times Lit. Suppl. 2 Apr. 274/2 The Proustian distinction between ‘involuntary memory’.. and ‘voluntary memory’. 1936 L. P. Smith Reperusals & Re-Collections ii. 23 An immense leisurely, true novel, written with a Tolstoyan or Proustian amplitude, which allows space for an immense copiousness of detail and for infinite digressions. 1943 J. Lees-Milne Ancestral Voices (1975) 186 Lady Crewe believes no relationship, no emotion, no motive to be straightforward, and suspects everything and everyone. This is truly Proustian. 1958 Spectator 10 Jan. 51/1 Too often the adjective ‘Proustian’ evokes a kind of decadent Barsetshire
[?]. 1976 A. Powell Infants of Spring viii. 123 A lack of interest for individuals in what might be called the Proustian sense was perhaps characteristic, too, of the whole of the Arts Society. [e.a.]

-joe (zzzzzz) friday