Whew! I just got back from Nude/naked, where the discussion is JUST ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Some of it inspired me to create this thread, of which I have been thinking for some time. I hope some people will respond - I'm soooo curious.....

I would love to know how people come up with their noms de screen. Some on this board are intriguing: Jazzoctopus, for example, and Angel (I mean, howcum no one jumps all over our Angelic one for HER handle? [hurt-e] [KIDDING!-e]!), and Keiva, and Max Q (is that from Hitchhikers's? and if so, why that name?) etc.

I chose modestgoddess back when I was looking for a handle for a free email account. I thought to myself, "I want to be a goddess! O no, I couldn't possibly....Hey, modestgoddess!" And I use it EVERYWHERE I GO ON THE 'NET. So far, everyone has loved it - including editors and others for whom I've worked - save one person here in ma home town, who thinks it is presumptuous, rather than merely sumptuous, or at the very least, humorous.....I've seen some great names in emails. One of my faves was "knitwit" - which I could well have chosen (except that someone obviously beat me to it!), because my brothers call me that whenever they see me knitting.

Anyone else care to jump in and reveal (sorry, couldn't resist) the rhyme/reason behind/to their nom de screen?