In reply to:

Wordapalooza has been made open to everyone on this board.... ASp does not feel comfortable including Keiva in the word-o-rama...Wordapalooza SHOULD NOT be an exclusive event...but we can all meet somewhere where we can mingle as freely or constrainedly as we choose

whoa there, nelly ~ maybe i see where the problem exists, here. i think there's some *terrible confusion regarding the gathering in Ann's home, and perhaps it should've been cleared up sooner.

the WaP idea originated in June of last year, before we had experienced any of the ugliness on the Board. i feel comfortable speaking of this because i was one of the originators of the idea, which grew in wonderful ways. the "open invitation" went out way back then, because at that point in time we all got along. we are talking about an event in someone's *home, a gathering of friends. surely even keiva isn't thick enough not to realize that at this point there is simply too much water under the bridge for his presence not to cause problems. as ann stated in her letter, it's terribly sad that things have come to this, but they have. nobody wants to travel thousands of miles to be greeted by controversy. ann has every right ~ as is the right of any hostess ~ to tailor her guest list. to suggest otherwise would be ridiculous. further, i personally would *not feel comfortable attending *any overnight event with an "open public invitation". i have to much in 'real life' at stake ~ i know and trust each and every one of attendees, and would not otherwise attend. i don't think i'm the only one that feels this way, either.

to this end, i sympathize and agree with some of what has been said here ~ i can see where the confusion may be, and as such i think that this private gathering and discussions of same should not take place on the board. i'm not suggesting censorship, here... just common courtesy.

mg ~ i see much of myself in you... i pulled many of the same stunts when i joined the board, and was admonished by AnnaStrophic (among others). folks around here appreciate intellect, wit, kindness and consideration... and that's the only way into the hearts and good graces of this group that i can ever see being successful . oh, and FWIW, i'd be honored to have ASp (and even her crotchety mate ) in my own home anytime.

i think your idea of a simultaneous (or otherwise) public gathering is a terrific one ~ have fun with it, and send a pic or two for the gallery. and hey ~ stick around for another year, contribute consistently to the board in the Spirit it was Intended, and look forward to an invitation to WaPII next year .