Last time i checked, this was a public forum, any one could post anything they wanted, at any time. we generally use self control, and more or less keep the topic to words, but there have been digressions.

the wordapalooza is a party being hosted by a private person. it is not a public event, even if it has been talked about publicly. i think i would enjoy meeting everyone on this board in a public place like a park or coffee shop, or somewhere. I know, there are members here that i would not want as guest in my house.

public space and private space are two very different places.

the starting post is from a single person, and it contains a letter from the host. It is at this persons house, her private space that wordapalooza will occur. She has every right to limit the number of guest, and control who she allows to enter her house. I was not consulted on this decision, and really have no opinion i wish to express about it.

the decision is hers, not this boards. I do not think she needs to explain or justify her decision to everyone in this public forum. it's not really a public discussion.