Ah yes. The renowned Tim Tam Slam, aka the Chocolate Orgasm.

Bite off opposing corners of biscuit; dip in tea (or hot beverage of choice - some lushes prefer port but I could not make this work to my satisfaction!) and suck until you feel the tea coming through. Lob whole thing in mouth and feel it dissolve there. Aaaahhhhhhhhhh.....

The first time I learned about this was from a tour guide in Far North Queensland, who demonstrated the trick for our group. Others looked dubious but I boldly stepped forward to be the first to try it. When I did, the look on my face made everyone else on the tour lunge for the Tim Tam packet....

Angel, if you are a chocolate lover ("if?"!!), you MUST get some! For some reason best known to the makers of Tim Tams (and Life Savers, who do the same ridiculous thing), they come in packets of....11. So hoard them, or share them with 10 of your closest friends. (Why don't they - and Life Savers - make packets of 12? divisible by 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 12? so much fairer and more equitable and peace-keeping and all them thar things that make the world a better place!)

Alas, I do not have any, nor do I know of where in Canada one might buy them - apart from somewhere in Vancouver. I couldn't resist popping in to the Thorn Tree on the Lonely Planet site last night, and there was a discussion going on about how/where to get Tim Tams in Canada. Someone found them in Van. I asked her where; if she has posted the info there I'll put it here, should anyone else be innerested....

Ah, sweet Tim Tams, ambrosial biccies/straws.....Mmmmm.