Okay Jazzo, why aren't you Chris? Why am i not Helen?

People get to pick their own names! when you get to be king, you have a choice! most royal princes have 5 or 6 given names, and chose from one of them. i think i remember reading the names get retired too, that a general concensis is reach, that this king, or queen, is so spectacutlar, the name should never be use again.. No law, just a general agreement.

(and like royalty, i have 4 given names -- i could be queen helen, mary, bernadette or patricia.. )

Names are interesting. many cultures still have "public' and "private" names, or diminutives. Aliases are only a bad thing if you are using them for fraud-- so as long as i don't try to sell you this really wonderful bridge, just out side, and down the block from where i work, i can be of troy.

Don't you have any relatives like mine?
My cousin has a given name of Elizabeth, but only her sister calls her that.

Most people call her annabell (i don't know why, but they do)

her husband calls her Pidge, -- they met when they were in the Marines, and her last name is Pidgeon..

my mother is Vera to most of the world.. only very intimate family know her legal name.

Tancy,an other cousin, was Frances, but called Francy, which got corrupted into Tancy, when she was 4 and her younger sister 2, and now 75 years later, she is still Tancy.