To make the question more clear, "Phospholes" are a class of Phosphorus containing compounds. A related set of Arsenic containing compounds is sometimes jocularly referred to as "Ars(e)holes" by chemists.

Great post, and a good question. This really comes down to a conversation the Board has had several times, in differenct ways -- the joys/evils of jargon. To many people, specialized, arcane language seems elitist and closes off discussions to non-initiates, but others realize that there are a great deal of benefits to be gained by developing a sort of linguistic shorthand -- much easier to say "phospholes" than "a class of blah blah blah" every time you want to talk about them. I expect we will never all agree on whether jargons are good or bad, but it seems to me they are very necessary in certain fields.

And regarding your name, I have been to the midwest, and the winds are strong out of the west there, so much so that it feel like the entire state is blowing at you, and I, too, have been known to say, "Indiana, u gust!" Welcome to the Board, August!