(I'm one of the multitude of You-Essicans to whom British humor proves too often elusive.)

I *have* met a (presumably) former Brit who was a conservative religious type, so maybe their non-presence over there is due to yall's shippin' the odd bird over here. CUTITOUT!

Being raised around conservative religious types, I feel pretty comfortable with them most of the time. I may or may not agree with the reaction of the media over there to the "teaching of creationism," though I can sympathize with their apprehensions.

I'm a little disturbed by the attitude some people have towards conservative religionists. OTOH, it's very difficult to maintain your composure and be civil when the religionists are themselves very often insulting, coercive, etc.
In fairness, I usually am not part of these arguments and I only overhear snippets. It's very hard to tell who started what and why. I'm sure there's plenty of blame to go around for the nastiness. In those few brawls to which I have contributed, most of the time I don't even know how things went awry - even when I was there the whole time - though I'm sure I was partly at fault.

k