I don't know. It could be. I think it's a lot to do with genre. I like a lot of hardcore sf. I really don't look at the author, unless she was recommended to me. I go by the blurb on the book jacket, mostly. Sometimes I'm lead astray.

I tried to read some women, just to try to read the stuff. So I've sampled Virginia Woolf and Sylvia Plath (Bell Jar). And I don't like either one. (Well, actually, I do like some of Woolf's essays. Amazingly well-written, but To the Lighthouse bored me to tears. It could be that your putative reason applies to why I don't like the female writing I've tried more than to why I don't seek it out. OTOH, I like Mary Stewart a lot (maybe 5 books), and George Eliot (only Silas Marner).

I like the Bolo series that Keith Laumer started (it's pulp, I don't recommend them, but I do love the stories) and I think some of the stories were written by women (I don't remember any of the authors' names). I also like James Tiptree junior and had no idea it was some old woman writing under a pseudonym. Again, I mainly go by how interesting it seems.

I don't like fantasy mixing with my sf - just one or the other. But Macaffrey's Pern stuff was pretty fun, though I only read 3 of them. That was enough. Still, I might try to get my kids into them.

I'm not sure it's that I have an aversion to emotional stuff, so much as an affinity for other things.

k