well, i am most second WW-- Yes, freedom of information.

but if i am making a profit off your work.. well that is theft.

if i take your work for my own personal pleasure, and enjoyment, and do not distribute for profit. even if you are trying to sell it in other media, i might take it for free in electronic media.. and thats OK

There are "free" i pay for all the time. I pay for "public TV" , i am a sponsering member of several museums.. museums that any one of you could enter for a 1 cent (they are not quite free, you must pay something, but 1 cent is something.) i buy books that i can read on line, or borrow from the library for free.

i buy the NY times, even though its available for free on line. the electronic formate doesn't meet all my needs.

i have posted links to the New Yorker-- maybe you have read them, and thought.. "gee, i never read this magazine, and i never thought i'd enjoy it, but now, i see it is something i would like! substitute Discover, Scientific American, the Guardian, etc., for the New Yorker

and maybe now you subscribe! the free information doesn't mean the end of paid information, it might even make other media more valuable or viable!

and if read something by our modest godsess, and was impressed, i might got to amazon, and search to see if she had a book available.. the "free copy" might wet my interest.

we've had libraries available in US (free libraries!) for almost 200 years. (some places longer!) free libraries don't put publishers out of business, or book stores out of business.. if anything, libraries introduce us to reading, and to authors, and increases the likely hood we will by a book!

hollywood was convince no one would go to movies once VRC appeared, especially if someone could tape movies! but more people than ever go to the movies.

i think they are being anti american, and doing themselve no good either! nowdays people are buying 'home theaters' -- they are not generally watching movies on their lap tops, even if they can down load a dvd image and watch it on line. i have seen pieces of movies, or parts of movies on a plane, and then gone out and rented them. sometimes i never would have thought to rent a movie, except i saw it, or a piece of it.. for free!