In another book, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, Nietzsche invents a character named Zarathustra, a wandering philosopher who has many adventures. In one adventure, Zarathustra climbs a mountain and argues with his arch-enemy, a dwarf named the Spirit of Gravity (sort of the spirit of depression and despair).

This is very similar to a story written for children (I'm sure he borrowed heavily from Nietsche) by Tony Robinson - the very versatile actor and writer who played Baldrick in the Blackadder series and who cut his teeth on Who Dares Wins back in the 80s.

It was turned into a brilliant series on Children's television and Tony monologued the entire story whilst walking through appropriate sets.

In one story the hero meets a dwarf on a cliff top who, with distinct gloom, declares 'One of us will soon meet our doom'. The hero ponders this for a mo, says 'fair enough' and kicks the dwarf off the cliff.

I know I was a bit old to be watching Kids' TV (I was 20 or so at the time) but Tony Robinson is too good to be missed.