Glad you enjoyed it, by! I only regret that I never kept up with my German (I studied 3 years in high school, and then let it go...dummy me) so I could read Nietzsche, Jung, Goethe, Herman Hesse, and others, in the original language. Eveything, of course, but especially works like these with their keen spiritual and psycological insight, lose so much in translation.
I would heartily recommend, by, that you put Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra and Beyond Good and Evil on your must-read list. His "God is dead" quote is taken so out of context, and only half the quote, that it has been used as a banner by scientists and anti-secularists alike. The full quote, never intended to denigrate and dismiss spirituality IMHO (except perhaps in an organized religion sense) is: "God is dead; God died of his pity for man."

Here's the excerpt from Thus Spoke Zarathustra:

"And if a friend does you evil, then say: 'I forgive you what you did to me; but that you have done it to yourself -- how could I forgive that?' Thus speaks all great love: it overcomes even forgiveness and pity."
"Thus spoke the devil to me once more: 'God too has his hell: that is his love of man.' And most recently I heard him say this: 'God is dead; God died of his pity for man.'"
"All great love is even above all its pity: for it still wants to create the beloved."

Big difference than just those three "little" words, eh?

[Edit:] Here is another quote from TSZ where Nietzsche speaks of spirit, to show he is not dismissive of spiritual things:

"Spirit is the life that itself cuts into life; with its own agony it increases its own knowledge."