On filling the need for followers:

hahahahhaahahahaaha (sorry, can't resist)

True story:

I often watch television with my kids (well, not so often recently, but that's only because I'm so busy). The oldest is a little too big to do this now, but when she was younger, I would get home late from work, eat a bit, take a walk, and lay down on the couch facing the tube. The youngest would lie atop me and the oldest would lie in front of me in almost spoon fashion, with her head resting on my arm.

On this particular occasion, it was very late and I think the youngest might have been in bed already. My recollection is it was just me and the oldest who was about 6 or 7 at the time. We were watching Beavis and Butthead together. It was an episode where they go to visit a psychic. She looks into this crystal ball and says, "I see you are not ze Aaaa students." BnB are unimpressed. "And I see you are not ze Bbbb students." They're slightly more surprised. "And I see you are not ze Ccccc students!" Their mouths are now agape and they're absolutely astonished that this woman can tell all this just by looking into the crystal ball.

It's pretty funny. (Well, for those of us sufficiently demented to watch it in the first place.) In any case, my daughter turns around and says to me, "Daddy, I love Beavis and Butthead, but nobody's that stupid. Not really."

Poor kid. I didn't have the heart to tell her.

k