Navigation has a lot to do with how you look at time. When I have to travel a long distance over an unknown terrain, I just give myself two hours longer than the trip would take the average driver. I expect to get turned around a lot, expect to get lost, but I keep my eyes and ears open for the things I get to see that the average driver, following the straight and narrow, would have missed. In other words, I relish being lost. I have one friend on this earth who is the same as I--and we have a great time traveling together and seeing all those things we do see when we realize we're lost. In fact, our perception goes up a level just realizing that we're lost.

I have been lost driving a straight interstate route. Honest. I somehow got off the interstate to get a cup of coffee or something, and, when I pulled out of the restaurant parking lot, I somehow pulled out on the wrong side and went up a different interstate. Didn't realize it either for a few miles.

About screwdrivers: I always think in terms of what to use other than a screwdriver--what's handier, closer, just as efficient, etc. This is called creative thinking, and it's much more fun than going out to the garage and pulling out that smelly old toolbox.

Best regards,
WordWoman