Well, Hev, you antipodean sheilas (if that's not a tautology) are, I suppose, different from the run of the mill female in this country. And of course, WOW and Helen, being AWADers, are several cuts above the norm. I guess I have to allow that there will be exceptions, so I can't keep on arguing that no woman knows about maps; obviously there are a few (damn few), just like you may occasionally find a man who has no hesitancy in asking all and sundry for directions, but then there are men who like to wear their wives' or girlfriends' panties.

It's like these females who I've been seeing lately on the home-remodeling shows on the cable channels -- they dress up in overalls and hard hats and have these tool belts and they get out their power drills and electric screwdrivers and attempt to convince the viewers that even though they are women they are competent carpenters, builders, etc. Well, a thumb to the nose to them. First, I don't believe they really know what they're doing, and secondly, I wouldn't marry one of them if they were the only women on earth. [/chauvinist pig rant]