Dear Doc,

You wrote: Re: what it was that you wanted to say?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there is an entendre vu as well. Something to do with experiencing a situation in two different ways.

Many more than two ways, I would suggest! There's some theory of scaffolding in which the situation, say, of reading a novel is expienced in multiple ways--that are constantly changing as long as the novel's still being read. There's the experience of reading it as conceived by the author who imagines the various audiences reading the work---but there are the experiences of future kinds of audiences the author never could have conceived of out of the period in which he/she lived. And there are the experiences of readers discussing the work that are in no way related to what the writer was thinking because the readers are completely insane, uneducated, misinformed, or just having a good time warping the material at hand.

This make me think of people witnessing an accident--and there being so many different versions of what happened. And sometimes the truth gets stomped under altogether.

Best regards,
Wordweary