Whoops, I was assuming everyone would know what I meant - one danger of tapping out posts late at night when parts of brain have gone to sleep....

When I said, "Who wants to help GET it in the dictionary?!" I meant, will people who subscribe to AWAD or visit the board start using "my" word (I'm really bummed that it's been used before, I thought I'd had an original thought - is there such a thing anymore?!) - hence the usage would increase, and maybe eventually it WOULD creep into popular usage, and might eventually get into a dictionary.

I read the link about how long it took that poor journo to get "hizzoner" into MW. Wow. I have to confess, about that particular word, I thought, "Who the hell cares?!" - but that's because, despite all the citations he mentions having dredged up, I've NEVER come across that word - and I'm pretty well-read and well-, um, watched (movies etc).

But "inoffensible" - now there's a word we could USE! :o)

Although come to think of it, remembering my original post, maybe there would be less and less call for it.... :o(

But I do like the thought of a one-word dictionary and how easy it would be to look up the word....!