>Well now, Mister Remington, would you mind telling the good people of the jury what Misses 'Big Nose' Jones did that you find so foul? Me and the jury seem to have forgotten.

Doesn't surprise me. One bright sunny day in Little Rock this woman no one had ever heard of or cared about came forth and said she was bringing up the matter of an alleged sexual harassment on the part of Bill Clinton. When asked why she was doing it now, she replied that she wanted to clear her name.

Of course, the only reason anyone knew of her was because of this press conference she and her lawyers called, and if she had kept her mouth shut then as she alleged she kept her mouth shut earlier there wouldn't have been anything in the press about her.

The reality is that Clinton's political opponents in Arkansas encouraged, perhaps even paid her to come forth with her story to embarass Clinton.

NOTE FOR THE RECORD: I am not defending Clinton in any way. His interpersonal relationships are beneath contempt. It is, in my view, safe to say that Paula Jones sought her 15 minutes of fame at the cost of her own reputation. No one else smeared her, she did.

TEd