Are we then saying that the Bible, or religion in general, is false and merely the explanation from a male perspective of what is not understood?

Whoa, whoa up a minute! Not necessarily, Doc! That's WAY
beyond what I meant. It's been too long since I studied other religions than my own for me to feel sure that what I'm saying is fact-based, so I'll stick to the Bible.
Barring another visitation by the Almighty, I don't think we'll ever know how close to the truth the Bible is. The cultures in the Bible were male-dominated. All or nearly all of the books of the Bible were written by men; and some were written only after centuries of word-of-mouth versions of occurrences. These might be completely accurate, for all I know. My point was that they were told and recorded by men, who like we humans today, were not perfect. The powerful rulers of their day were male, so it seems to me that they would have thought it was logical that the most
powerful ruler of all was male. And, it also makes sense to me that maybe a few of these early writers, being fallible, may have not denied their inclination to be self-serving, and have written women into a subservient role
(which was most definitely the societal norm then).

And, completely aside from human failings and plain error in recording, we can't know that we have everything that was written that should be included in the Bible. Almost certainly, some has been destroyed, and since some scrolls were found as recently as 1947, there may well exist some
others that we haven't found yet!

So no, I would not say that religion IS false; just that I can't really believe we have the complete, literal truth.