And remember Rubrick?...Mien Fuehrer I’m walking !!

And Max I thought the book Dr. Strangelove: Or How I learned to stop Worrying and Love the Bomb was great. Remember ? The author (some English guy (s)? was sued by the author of Fail Safe for stealing the storyline. Fail Safe the movie (Henry Fonda), though, wasn’t as gripping as Fail Safe the book.

Speaking of some english guy, I would very much like to know the name of one of my most favourite movies of all time. This is embarrassing but my embarrassment is overcome by my need to know...

Late one night some ten or so years ago after some social celebration I carried a bottle of wine to bed with me and turned on the TV.An english movie was being shown on HBO. The dialogue was hard to follow because the english talk prissily and my concentration was a bit blurred. But that wasn’t the problem. The movie was peopled by the most godawful cardboard jerks ever seen in moviedom. Unbelievable. A series of vignettes interrupted and punctuated by the moans and damming oaths of an old man while he sat on a toilet in a dark, dreary, dungeon. For an hour and a half I watched this ugliness, and to my reward I, didn’t turn it off. The movie, you see, was one hour and thirty-five minutes long.

I will dance at the next wedding of the person who will tell me the name of this movie so I can see it again.