Note this is Q &A indicating that I'm presenting this as a serious proposition, seriously.

There's been some questions raised on "Deathy Hubris" about the contents of a certain URL
http://www.hornyforgod.com/whittman.html, respectively, and horny for god, specifically. I thought this is apt to blossom into an interesting enough discussion to warrant a new thread (but ya never know around here! ). When I first saw this phrase I wondered myself, until I delved into it a bit more.

What we're seeing here in the phrase, "horny for god," is the Webmaster's choice for inflecting a word with a new sematical nuance. Faldage oughtta love this! We're use to hearing the word horny in the context of "a craving for sex" or the physical and emotional condition that brings the sexual gestalt to the forefront and distracts our minds, momentarily, from eveything else.
This gentleman's site has to do with the theory of enlightened beings. If you click the link and peruse some of the Whitman bio you'll see that he considers W.W. an avatar, an enlightened being, and believes in the concept of One God that has shown itself on the physical realm in eruptions of consciousness throughout history in various incarnations of enlightened entities such as Christ, Buddha, etc. So, getting back to the wordism here, horny in this context means a "super-enthusiasm," a "craving for God." So, in the context of this milder, more generic form of "horny" you could say, if you had a craving for ice cream that you were horny for ice cream. The evolution of language never ceases!