One of my more interesting classes in college, was a values class. the whole course was very simple.

week one. assignment.. make a list of 100 things you value

week two.. write a sentence about each thing you value

week three, stack rank them

week four, five and six from the top 25, write a pargraph about the values

week seven and eight, from the top ten, expand the paragraph to three paragraphs.

week nine and ten, from the top five, expand three paragraghs to full essay

week eleven, twelve and thirteen, be prepared to present your values to the class, and read one of your essays aloud.

what a class! what lists.. interesting (for example, i was the one in the class who has sex in my top ten list.. and when i mentioned it.. half the class blushed, and realized, it they hadn't even listed it in their list of 100! (glad i am not married to them!)

tsuwm is right... our values are different.. not good or bad, better or worse, just different. our vocabularies are different too. and we all find our self using cliche catch phrases.. that are different! it is certainly one of the things i love about this place.

it might be fun to have a values thread.(then again it could be dangerous!) and rather than add to it, we could edit our posts.. so i might post some of the things i value.. and later, if i wanted, i could edit my own post, rather that add to the thread.. it might grow to be longer than 100-- but only if we had over 100 regular posters..