Back before the steam engine I made up a word of endearment. Well, me and Pal Al Saunders did, Tank and Major Hate were there but they were passed out in the back seat. What we needed was a suitable disdainful term for "girl". What we were was the best dancers and the best dressers on the beach and we could hardly be seen mouthing yesterdays lame terms like Chick, Broad, Split-Tail, or Bitch. Could we?
Finally, in sync with the last can of beer we decided on "Squench". Yeah, somehow demeaning but not too much.

We were the coolest of the cool so soon after, bopsters in Atlanta, Birminghan, and Panama City were calling their squenches "Squenches". And rightly so because they were.

Time passed, the steam engine was invented and last year in an enviornmental Newsletter a former squench of mine came back to haunt me. She wrote...

"...back then Milo had a special name for me. He called me a Squench. I think that it was a contraction of Squaw and Wench, but I didn't mind."

So there you have it, spelling, definition, origin. But alas, after the last bopsters bipped their last bop the term fell into disuse, so much so that you hardly hear it anymore.