I've been sitting all morning making changes to a (rather official) document (and attempting to keep my attention away from all the new posts on this site ).

I was doing some work in a section of the document entitled Key Performance Indicators which then had the abbreviation "(KPIs)" after it... aaargh . Surely if the statement is plural, then the abbreviation should not also be pluralised!

Aside from the surprise I have at the volume of punctuation and grammatical corrections I'm having to make to this document, I'm stunned that all these things have been let slide for ... gosh .. who knows how long in a (supposedly) professional business environment. I'm a contractor, I'm allowed to level these criticisms at Management ... especially when they are not looking .

The point of my post (sorry it's taken so long to get here) is that this is one of my pet peeves, along with statements like "ATM Machines". Anyone else wanna share? Or commiserate?

I'm hoping like mad that I haven't made a typo or grammatical error in this post or I'm done for...

Hev

"friend you haven't met yet..."