Don't know how I missed this thread altogether, but I did. The best single moment on this board was meeting mfa, who caused me to start writing again. And writing ever since has never been sweeter because of his influence and friendship.

Beyond being opened up again after lying dormant (and thought to be dead) have been the many moments of jollity--the hippopotamess, getting tsuwm's dander up (playfully, always playfully--right, tsuwm?), watching Jackie shake her little tailfeathers--and knowing that she really cares about each of us, hearing stories from Bill--can't get enough often enough, playing Edward to Keiva's Emily, receiving sweets from Scotland, lifting my eyebrows when food threads sneak in, learning some of the coolest words on earth that are completely useless to most people except those such as we, being able to follow on occasion the inside jokes (and I'm such an on-the-outside-loop kind of person), sensing that one day, when I least expect it, glaciers really are going to make sense, and reading today Milum's public admission that he likes my poems--privately was a great charge, but, heh, Milum, a public admission brings tears to my eyes. and don't you go and fuss at me for this, Milum! You're my most loyal fan!

Ah, there are more fond memories, but I've got to go read some steenkin' pedagogy. That's my first use of steenkin'--and I've just been dying to use it just once!

Stales, how hard is pillow lava?

Best regards,
Wanewax