In spite of all the explanations which have
been provided from time to time, I still don't have more than a vague notion of what the hell goes on in a
cricket match, and probably never will, but I love reading about it.

Then have a look at my cricket team's web pages. I threw them together in a couple of days so they're not perfect but I'm updating them before the next cricket season starts (May '02). Have a look, especially, at the cricket rules (note rules, cricket has laws!) and the poetry pages. After the rules you'll be befuddled but the poetry is pure genius (a couple by me, btw). I'll bet you never thought the two went together!

http://www.tcd.ie/Clubs/MP/

My best experience of the AWAD board was just after I joined. There were only a few of us on this side of the pond (me and jmh, really) and so I would look forward to all of the replies to my posts in the morning from the USns and I would often stay behind in work for hours to engage in the real-time discussions with the forum members. I'd never been invoved with chatrooms or any other similar group before so this was my first venture into cyberspace discussion (email excepted). I remember a particularly good slugging match with tsuwm about 'feminism' which went on for hours. He won, of course. damn him