To Keiva and Rubrick:

FWIW, my personal opinion is that both of you are equally guilty of reprehensible conduct by persisting in flailing away at each other publicly in this thread. I do not accept your reasoning for why you refuse to carry on this inane vendetta in private, if carry it on you must. It appears that neither of you has the good sense to simply give it up, leaving the other to enjoy whatever dubious gratification he can for having the last word. Doing that would be a real class act, but it doesn't appear, as yet, that either of you can do that.

What is most disturbing is that both of you are otherwise valuable members whose contributions I have appreciated and enjoyed, and I hope to continue to enjoy them. You are wasting your time and ours with this poisonous diversion.

I shall exercise a strategy which I used once before when I felt that a thread had passed beyond the acceptable bounds of political discussion, and I recommend it highly to all other members: viz., I shall not again open or read this thread. [This is the strategy of the wise parent whose child is having a temper tantrum -- you simply ignore him and let him scream away.] If the rest of us follow this strategy, further combat between any or all parties will be essentially a private exchange, since no one else will be reading it.