The vitriol is at the root of the problem. I definitely think that PM's are just that: private. And better to send a vitriolic PM than show public vitriol.

But no vitriol at all is best. It's so judgmental--and I cannot think of a single member here who has the right to speak with a scowl as though representing the board, even a portion of it.

We grow here by our variety of approaches and voices. Flaming, whether private or public, categorically ruins the health of a board. I have seriously considered leaving altogether twice now--as I am certain others have from what has been written to me privately.

I strongly suggest to each of us to keep our attacks in our hearts, realize that none of us has to write to attack personally, none of us has earned the right to judge--we are equals. And if some injustice arises in something that is posted on the board, to handle that judgment with care. Is it really worth the fight, and, if it's truly worth the fight, to approach the poster in a spirit of obvious good will--no subtle knives dug in at all.

wwh: the ice is coming down here at the farm and I'll set my mind to word questions.

However, an attack is not something easily forgotten. It leaves a scar.

Geoff: come back!!! You're definitely not alone in this. A lot of us have been there.

Best regards,
WW