Dear All

stales and all his family continue to be amazed at your reaction to musksticks (it's really 2 words, but we say it as one - "musstix")

For those that want the first hand experience, there's a strong chance that belligerentyouth will be attending the Wordapalooza. As he's here in Perth it should be a cinch to give him some packets to take along. And some musk Life Savers! Will keep you informed.

There's another variety of musk sweet I haven't mentioned - and they're great because you buy them by the kilogram/pound at the local shops. They're sometimes marketed as "Life Saver holes" because they are little cylindrical bullets about the diameter of the hole in a Life Saver. I should send a bag of these as well.

As for those of you who won't be attending, I'd be happy to send you a packet each. Please email me to discuss how/when.

Fiberbabe, I thought you needed a new currency calculator - thought your post read A$1.39 = US$1.73. The A$ is currently trading at around 52 cents US, thus a packet costing A$1.39 is worth around US73cents. You had me all excited for a minute - thinking that there was a dollar out there somewhere that was worth less than ours!

As for the taste - well.......it tastes of musk.

The pic URL given by wof... shows that they indeed look like licorice sticks. The pink colour persists all the way through and they are not sugar coated. Their texture when they've gone a bit soggy is drier (and a lot less chewy) than licorice - pretty similar to the thick white sugary icing on our traditional (fruit cake based) wedding cakes. (I believe US wedding cakes are often a white sponge???)

Yours in Incredulity

stales