what we have here is [yet another] failure to communicate. I'm trying to differentiate between 'getting' married (e.g., "let's get married") and 'being': staying, remaining, continuing in the state of being married. and thus, my a) and b) were meant to cover the two senses of our word: fear of the process of getting married and fear of the continuing state of marriage.

but now that we've gone this far down the pathology of wedded bliss, I must say this: all these odd -phobias (see links above) are nothing short of a joke to serious lexicographers. people have come to believe there must be a -phobia for almost everything, and if there isn't one for what they're thinking of, they coin another one. [witness this very thread.]

dictionaries treat them with short shrift:
a. L. -phobia, a. Gr. -uob¬a, forming abst. ns. from the adjs. in -u¾bo| (see -phobe) with sense ‘dread, horror’; as in Ídqouob¬a, hydrophobia ‘horror of water’. Also in modern words formed in Eng. by analogy, as Anglophobia, Gallophobia, Germanophobia, Russophobia, some of them imitating Fr. forms in -phobie. The following exemplify the uses to which -phobia has been put (thirteen(!) examples follow.) there are only 100 headwords otherwise spread throughout the OED of which these are the only a*phobias:
acrophobia
aerophobia, aerophoby
agoraphobia
ailurophobia
algophobia
Anglophobia
anthropophobia
astrophobia

and the g*phobias even fewer/less

Gallophobia
Germanophobia
gynophobia

so what's my point? I guess I'm changing my tune. go ahead and coin. you're just as good as the next gamophobe. odds are it'll never see print anyways.

[btw, gamos = anglisized Gk. for marriage, whose first sense is: 1. a. The condition of being a husband or wife; the relation between married persons; spousehood, wedlock.]