Neither 'suelo's nor CK's version works for me
Well, I was going to agree with that, until I realized I had no idea what a status bar is. So I went up to the top of my screen, clicked on View, and...found Status Bar unchecked. So I checked it (oh, THAT's what that is! Address bar I can figure out--the others are just top and bottom.), and hey--he's right! There's the #. Cool.

My computer never shows a "Done". It just changes screens.

tsuwm had posted that his address window wasn't big enough to show the whole URL. Mine isn't either, but I can see both ends if I use the Right and Left arrows. Oh, no! I just stretched the Address window all the way to the left edge of the screen and now I can't get it back from the edge! Wail!

EDIT: Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I decided to try moving the right-hand section of my address bar to the left, and...oh my gosh, my Back arrows, Stop, Undo, Home icons, etc., all reappeared from the RIGHT-hand edge of the screen...and when I kept going, the address window flipped over there, too, just like they were all on a loop of ribbon running behind my screen! Oh my gosh! I am amazed!
(Yeah, yeah, go ahead and chuckle--i deserve it.)