Court of Piepowder, a court formerly held at fairs and markets
Were they with real judges (magistrates), you reckon? Or did they perhaps elect one of their own to serve unofficially in this capacity?

Not really my period, Jackie, but I consider it most unlikely that the democratic process was used! Much more likely to be a Justice of the Peace, the Town Mayor or, most likely of all, an offical appointed by one or other of those dignitaries. The sort of thing that probably would come before such a court would be weights and measures, overcharging, right to stand (i.e, set up stall) in a particular spot and that sort of dispute.

As to Cadgers - it is not a term that I have ever come across to mean pedlar. I am more familiar with the C16 to C19 term, "Badger" for such a trader. They were licensed to go from door to door and from town to town selling their wares (at a time when vagrancy was a real problem and a threat to law and order) and carried or wore a badge that showed they were permitted to do so - hence the term.

Coupés - eary pictures that I have seen of such vehicles showed the back of the roof cut away and replaced by a collapsable canvas hood. Not to be confused with a Landau-style body.